World Naked Bike Ride - Vancouver
Saturday, June 30, 12:00pm - 4:00pm. Ride gathers at noon at Sunset Beach. The ride heads out at 2:00pm.
By: World Naked Bike Ride VancouverContinue the fun with us in Vancouver on June 30th!
Notes: Meet in the grassy field northwest of the concession stand.
The ride meets at Sunset Beach (near the corner of Beach Avenue and Bute Street) at 12 Noon, with the ride itself starting at 2:00pm. The ride and all ride activities are free and are on rain or shine!
The event is a 'positive' protest against car culture, oil spills, and pipelines. It is also a celebration of creativity, individuality, and the human powered machine. Come out and have fun with us!
- Date: June 30th, 2018
- Start Location: https://goo.gl/maps/FBHGRzC1vY92
- Route: The route is about 8-10km with easy elevation.
- Ride speed: Leisurely.
- Dress code: Bare as you dare and be creative.
- Parking: There is plenty of paid parking in the area, but it will fill up quickly.
- Transit: The 23 bus stops right by Bute St. on Beach Ave and runs by the Main Street, Yaletown, and Stadium Skytrain Stations.
- Wear a helmet! We want our riders to be safe.
- Bare as you dare! Nudity is not mandatory. Wear fun, attention grabbing clothes, costumes, accessories, and paints!
- This is a body positive event. Respect the diversity of the many different body types and genders.
- This is not a sexual event. We want everyone to feel safe. All sexual orientations are welcome, but please leave sex toys and fetish gear at home!
- Private parts are still private. Don't grope, touch, or ogle other peoples’ parts. Please don’t bring yours or their private parts up as a topic of conversation with someone you don’t know.
- This is a "Leave No Trace" event. Don't litter and take everything out that you bring in. Including your clothes.
- Ride safely and stay together as a group.
- Prepare for riding rain or shine! Bring warm clothes you can easily remove once you warm up.
- If it's sunny, put on sunscreen!
- Dress up! Nudity is not mandatory but you can wear costumes and accessories to draw attention to our cause as well.
- Wear shoes!
- Bring a backpack or bike basket/crate/bag. This is a ‘Leave no trace’ event so be prepared to take your clothes, gear, and any food with you.
- Decorate your bike! This is a protest against oil dependency and a celebration of the human powered machine. Bring signs, costumes, and bike bling!
- Cover your bike seat. If you’re riding naked, fake fur or soft material are recommended.