Vancouver WNBR 2019
Saturday, July 27, 2019, 12:00pm - 3:00pm
By: World Naked Bike Ride - Vancouver, British ColumbiaThe Vancouver World Naked Bike Ride meets at Sunset Beach (near the corner of Beach Avenue and Bute Street) at 12 Noon, with the ride itself starting at 2:00pm. The ride and all ride activities are free and are on rain or shine!
Sunset Beach (strand i Kanada, British Columbia, lat 49,28, long -123,14)
The event is a 'positive' protest against car culture, oil spills, and pipelines. It is also a celebration of creativity, individuality, and the human powered machine. Come out and have fun with us!
- Start Location: https://goo.gl/maps/FBHGRzC1vY92
- Route: The route is about 8-10km with easy elevation.
- Ride speed: Leisurely.
- Dress code: Bare as you dare and be creative.
- Parking: There is plenty of paid parking in the area, but it will fill up quickly.
- Transit: The 23 bus stops right by Bute St. on Beach Ave and runs by the Main Street, Yaletown, and Stadium Skytrain Stations.
- Wear a helmet! We want our riders to be safe.
- Bare as you dare! Nudity is not mandatory. Wear fun, attention grabbing clothes, costumes, accessories, and paints!
- This is a body positive event. Respect the diversity of the many different body types and genders.
- This is NOT a sexual event. We want everyone to feel safe.
- Acting in a sexual way will get you removed (also, it's illegal)
- Private parts are still private. Don't grope, touch, or ogle other peoples’ parts. Please don’t bring yours or their private parts up as a topic of conversation with someone you don’t know.
- This is a "Leave No Trace" event. Don't litter and take everything out that you bring in. Including your clothes.
- Ride safely and stay together as a group.
- Prepare for riding rain or shine! Bring warm clothes you can easily remove once you warm up.
- If it's sunny, put on sunscreen!
- Dress up! Nudity is not mandatory but you can wear costumes and accessories to draw attention to our cause as well.
- Wear shoes!
- Bring a backpack or bike basket/crate/bag. This is a ‘Leave no trace’ event so be prepared to take your clothes, gear, and any food with you.
- Decorate your bike! This is a protest against oil dependency and a celebration of the human powered machine. Bring signs, costumes, and bike bling!
- Cover your bike seat. If you’re riding naked, fake fur or soft material are recommended.